Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Passages:

Which passages are significant to the story? Why? Quote the passage, list the page #, and state its importance.

4 comments:

  1. In my opinion the most significant passage is when Peeta and Katniss are entered into the hunger games. It reads, "You can't miss the desperation in my voice as I shove Prim behind me, as if I'm afraid no one will hear and they'll take Prim away... Peeta's name is drawn, and he quietly takes his place(46)." This quote basically begins the novel and the journey to potential death for Peeta and Katniss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that the most significant passage in The Hunger Games is the moment when Peeta and Katniss are coming home from the games and they have to face the audience on more time. It reads, "I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I finally have to let go (374)." This is the last line of the book, but it makes you wonder what will happen next; it leads you to the second book, Catching Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the most significant passage in this novel is when Claudius Templesmith announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, let the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games begin(147)!" This passage announces the beginning of everything for the tributes in the Hunger Games. It begins the start of life or death for Katniss and it begins the relationship that will soon develop between all of the players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the most significant passage in this novel is when Haymitch says, "Stay Alive (56)." It is important because this is the advice coming from Haymitch, the winner of the Hunger Games, and a fellow itizen of District 12. At first, I did not understand how it was helpful. But now that I think about it, that was the whole point of the Hunger Games. I was very relieved to find out that Katniss and Peeta were both able to accomplish this goal.

    ReplyDelete