Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Connections:

What connections can you make between the book and your life, the real world, other literature, media, etc.?

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I can relate to Katniss because she is always thinking about the well-being of her family; and I do that, too. Family is very important to her, and, really, it is the only thing she has. Although I am able to have friends and other people outside of the family, I would sacrifice myself for my younger brother. I love my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the Seam in District 12 can relate to the lower class society of our world. Katniss and Gale have to hunt and trade to get their own food and to feed their families so that they may stay alive. Many homes in America have to face not having a meal one night or maybe several so this novel makes a connection to the real world in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel i can connect to Gale best, even though we only get a short glimpse into his life. I feel that I can relate to him in many ways, with his hunting skills and traking skills. Gale and I are very alike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that the districts are a microcosm of our world. Districts 1-4 represent the wealthy countries such as America and certain European countries. Districts 5-9 represent the countries in the middle such as South America and other smaller but not poor countries. Finally, I think districts 10-12 represent our third world countries such as Africa. They have to fend for themselves for food and neccessities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jessica in that I can relate to Katniss. She always protets and provides for her family. And although I'm not in a case where I have to put food on the table, I still often worry about my family memebers. If anyone is facing a sickness, I am the first one to help make dinner or give them medicine. I also try and always make sure everyone in my family is safe. At times, I'm the one to lock the doors or set the alarm. I care about my family more than anything. And like Katniss I would give my life or do anything to keep them from harm.

    ReplyDelete