I think that the deeper meaning of the book involves relationships. Katniss has so many relationships with others including her sister Prim, Gale, and even Peeta. I think the book wants you to realize how important these relationships are and how you will never know when your last day will come, but you should live life to the fullest.
As I said earlier in the connections page, this book represents a microcosm of our world. The first few districts are wealthy and look down upon the poorer districts such as district 12. It is similar to us living in America. We don't look down upon the lower class, but we don't pay enough attention to them. People in our community need help because they have to survive off of what they have. District 12 has a scarce supply of neccessities which I interpret as the lower classes of the world.
Everyone may have a different look on The Hunger Games. I think that it shows the way a government can control every step you take. A government can have the power to decide if you live or if you die. Power is desired by the Capitol.
I feel the deeper meaning of the book is that the government does have the power to control everything. At any moment they could establish a new law or propose a draft. And being the common citizens that we are, we have no choice other than following them. In the Hunger Games, they are forced to fight for their life. You can see that the Capitol is in charge when explosions occur, mutations are made, or when other tributes are driven into each other. They are truly the head of everything.
I feel that the book is truly about the high class of citzenesns punishing the lower class. That is why they started the games I believe.
ReplyDeleteI feel the deeper meaning of the book relates to the power the government has over us ,the citzens, and what they are capable of.
ReplyDeleteI think that the deeper meaning of the book involves relationships. Katniss has so many relationships with others including her sister Prim, Gale, and even Peeta. I think the book wants you to realize how important these relationships are and how you will never know when your last day will come, but you should live life to the fullest.
ReplyDeleteAs I said earlier in the connections page, this book represents a microcosm of our world. The first few districts are wealthy and look down upon the poorer districts such as district 12. It is similar to us living in America. We don't look down upon the lower class, but we don't pay enough attention to them. People in our community need help because they have to survive off of what they have. District 12 has a scarce supply of neccessities which I interpret as the lower classes of the world.
ReplyDeleteEveryone may have a different look on The Hunger Games. I think that it shows the way a government can control every step you take. A government can have the power to decide if you live or if you die. Power is desired by the Capitol.
ReplyDeleteI feel the deeper meaning of the book is that the government does have the power to control everything. At any moment they could establish a new law or propose a draft. And being the common citizens that we are, we have no choice other than following them. In the Hunger Games, they are forced to fight for their life. You can see that the Capitol is in charge when explosions occur, mutations are made, or when other tributes are driven into each other. They are truly the head of everything.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with Jessica in that this book can be interpreted in several ways. The government does take control of the citizens' lives.
ReplyDelete